Monday 15 March 2010

Baby, I'm yours

Saturday
Photobucket
Breakfast at the lovely Fleet River Bakery.

Photobucket
Followed by more coffee at Monmouth. What is everyone looking at, you wonder.


Photobucket
Ah ha! Protestors! Apparently Ahava is evil and no one should shop there. On a street with way too many interesting shops/cafes/smutty lingerie boutiques, I never really looked twice at Ahava anyway. 

Photobucket
Moi, une poseure? Jamais...

Photobucket
Spot of record shopping at the ever wonderful (££££) Phonica.

Photobucket
Have I mentioned my crane obsession? No? Probably for good reason.


Photobucket
Checked out the Jitish Kallat and Chiharu Shiota shows at Haunch of Venison. Saw a couple of things I liked, but overall was a bit disappointed.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Post-art cinnamon rolls and (more) coffee at The Nordic Bakery. It should be obvious by now that much of my weekend revolves around eating and drinking good coffee. I stopped at Flat White earlier too (post-Phonica pick-me-up).

Photobucket
Darwin Deez gig in the Westminster Reference Library. First ever gig in a library. It was brilliant good fun. I wish more gigs were like this - more about having fun and playing good music and dancing - less about posturing and looking too cool to not have any fun.

Photobucket
How can you not love a band that does choreographed dance breaks to the Bangles in between songs?

Photobucket
Gig over. Bye bye.


I've been too busy/lazy to write proper posts lately, but doing picture days is really quite fun anyway. I've always been about the writing so it's nice to force myself to document life in a different medium.


Lastly, in celebration of this sunshiny day of wonderfulness (I saw some daffodils this morning!!), my cheery mates over at We Are Not A Rockband have come up with a tune (Breakbot's Baby I'm Yours) that makes me want to start a disco-dance commune in Hyde Park, kick off my shoes, and dance in the grass all summer long. Bring on the festival season.


No comments: