Wednesday 2 September 2009

10 Hills Place

Whoa. It's been nearly a month since my last post. Just goes to show how consumed I've been over the course of the last month. There has simply been no space in my head for anything else other than SALON (LONDON) - I sort of dried up. But thankfully, now that the gallery and events are underway and going well, my wirey, firey little brain has resumed normal service. I have things to say again. Phew! What a relief. So here's a triple threat of posts to make up for having abandoned posting for the last month.

As I was rushing out of the office today, I happened to glance at some proofs on my editor's desk. The building on next week's cover is AMAZING! I mean it's seriously great. One of the most exciting things I've seen in London in ages and it's dead central, but still sort of hidden. Just off Oxford Street, quite close to Oxford Circus tube is a little alley of a street called Hills Place, and at number 10, Amanda Levete Architects have created this little stunner. I think it looks like the side of a silvery shark - the ripples are like gills in the skin. I swung by this afternoon to take a few of my own pics. It's a bastard to get a great shot of, but I wanted to show it off anyway.





No comments: